1. I can not remember which cook book I got this from, which is a bummer because I really like this recipe. I checked it out from the library awhile ago.
2. I should have taken a picture...but my camera is being dumb so I put it away. I am mad at it.
Spinach-Stuffed Pasta Shells
12 dried jumbo shell macaroni
1 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend (8 oz)
1 cup ricotta cheese
1 26-32 oz pasta sauce
1. Cook jumbo shells according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again. Set shells aside. Meanwhile, drain thawed spinach well.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. For filling, in a medium bowl stir together spinach, eggs 1 1/2 cups of the Italian cheese blend and the ricotta cheese. Spoon a generous 2 rounded tablespoons of the filling into each jumbo shell. Arrange shells in a 2 quart square baking dish. Pour pasta sauce over shells.
3. Bake, covered, in the preheated oven about 40 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining 1.2 cup Italian cheese blend. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Makes 4 main dish servings.
Make ahead directions: Prepare as above through step 2. Cover with plastic wrap, then foil. Chill for up to 24 hours. To bake, remove plastic wrap and replace foil. Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 50 to 55 minutes or until heated through. Continue as directed.
Adrienne's notes: I did not have Italian Cheese Blend. I used 1 cup of mozzarella and 1/2 cup mild cheddar for the filling and 1/2 cup mozzarella for the top and sprinkled Parmesan on as well. I cooked 20 shells and had enough filling for 18.
Target: Krusteaz Pancake Mix as low as $.13
31 minutes ago