Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Salisbury Steak with mushroom gravy


I made Salisbury Steak with mushroom gravy last night. I did follow the recipe...except...I bought canned gravy. Um, I will not do that again. I did like this, and I will make it again, but, I will try different gravy or attempt to make my own.
*********************************
Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy

1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
1 egg
1/2 cup Original Bisquick® mix
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 medium onion, cut in half, then sliced
1 jar (4.5 oz) Green Giant® sliced mushrooms, drained
1 jar (12 oz) beef gravy

1. In large bowl, mix beef, egg, 1/4 cup of the Bisquick mix and the pepper. With wet hands, shape beef mixture into 6 oval patties, about 1/2 inch thick. Lightly coat patties with remaining 1/4 cup Bisquick mix.

2. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Arrange patties in single layer in skillet. Add onion slices around and on top of patties. Cook 12 to 16 minutes, turning patties once and stirring onions occasionally, until meat thermometer inserted in center of patties reads 160°F.

3. If necessary, spoon fat from skillet and discard. Add mushrooms and gravy to skillet. Turn patties to coat with gravy. Heat to boiling.

High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.

No comments: