Friday, October 9, 2009

Dulce De Leche

Oh. My. Gawd. This was so easy, and so good. Make it. Now.

Dulce De Leche

1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
water

Remove label from milk can. Place can on side into a 3 quart slow cooker. Fill with water until it is 3-4 inches above can. Cover and cook on low heat 8-10 hours. Turn off slow cooker and allow can to cool 40 minutes inside slow cooker. Chill caramel in unopened can in refrigerator until ready to serve. Use as a dip for apple slices or serve over ice cream. From 365 of Slow Cooking Blog.

The only concern I had was that in her recipe she says to cover the can with 3 to 4 inches of water.....I used a 6 qt crock pot and I did not have 3 to 4 inches of room. So, I covered it as much as I could. I went home at lunch to check on it and it was just fine.

We have been eating the carmel with sliced apples, oreos, and I think Chris & Tate had some on a banana split last night. Yum!



No comments: